Animacel is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, and our premises how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Lawful basis for processing your data
Organisations are permitted to process data if they have a legal basis for doing so. Animacel processes data on the basis that:
As your chosen veterinary service, we have a legitimate interest in processing your data. Which includes some or all the following:
- To enable us to provide our veterinary services to clients (ie to support the process of the stem cell therapy, to give adequate assessments for patient – therapy match)
- Where the processing enables us to enhance and personalize our services and communication for the benefit of our clients
- To provide communications including postal, which we think will be of interest to you
- To better understand how people interact with our websites
Information we collect about you
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about finding out more about our services or if you register to receive our newsletter.
The type of information we collect
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
How do we use your information?
We may use your information to:
- contact you about your pet’s treatment
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you communications, which you have requested, and that may be of interest
- to carry out analysis, improve the quality of our services and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to track use of web pages
How long do we store your data
We review our data retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity (ie for as long as you want to receieve our newsletter) or immediately if you request to be deleted.
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers for the purposes of providing services to you (for example to our partner vet clinics). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
- You have a choice about the type of information you receive from us. As a client of our services, you understand and agree that personal information you provide will be held on a database operated by us and we will contact you about your pet’s treatment using your preferred method of communication.
- The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know.
- We will only send you direct marketing communications by email, phone or text message about our services if you have consented to receive them. We will ask you to confirm your consent to receive direct marketing when you register with us.
- You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email [email protected]
This Policy was last updated in May 2018.